Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Long Time No Blog

Hey, Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. It's been very hectic today and I've been trying to streamline the way we work with our volunteers. Here's a quick breakdown of how this grassroots stuff works.

The first staffer to get here worked hard to forge relationships with local county leaders. From that point, the field staff works with volunteers to identify individuals to act as Precinct Captains. PC's organize their local communities for phone banking, canvassing and Get Out the Vote activities on Election Day.

So that's where we were when I arrived here: A whole slew of volunteers (over 1,000 at this point) plus their PC's. I've been assigned an area in the Northeastern part of the county, around the town of Phoenixville, so I've begun to tease out PC's who are, in essence, super organized. These PC's become my Area Coordinators, who will manage a number of PC's over a couple townships. The idea is that I can call 8-10 of these AC's and mobilize entire sections of the county. That's the plan, at least.

So to organize these people, it takes a ton of phone calls and persuasion, but I'm slowly building my list. By the end of the week, it should be good to go, just in time for the new Phoenixville office to open.

So that's what I've been up to.

I'll be back in a bit with some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home